Recreational Program Overview
- $280 for Kindergarten - 3rd Grade
- $320 for 4th - High School.
- Mill Valley residents receive a $30 Resident Discount.
- All families charge a $50 Volunteer Fee per household, refundable upon completion of volunteer duties.
- Players of all levels of ability and dedication are welcome. Designed primarily around a fun, participation model.
- Teams are formed with mixed ability players, with the goal of team parity within a playing division.
- All teams play "in-house" from K - 8th Grade, with Intra-league play with Tiburon teams at 3rd - 6th Grade. High School teams participate in MISA, an intra-county playing league.
- Grade and gender based team divisions: Kindergarten through High School
- 175 teams (ranging from 8 to 20 teams per division)
- Season runs the last week of August to the first week of November, with most divisions playing 8-9 regular season games.
- 4th Grade to High School divisions include playoffs the last two weeks of the season.
- Coaches are 100% volunteers, with most having 2 coaches per team.
- 1st through 3rd grade divisions has 1 practice during the week and 1 game on weekend.
- 4th through High School has 2 practices per week and 1-2 games on the weekend.
- Over the years, it is not uncommon for players to move between the Recreation, Development, and Competitive Programs based on their level of commitment, interest, and ability.
- Almost 1,800 kids played on 160 teams in the Fall Recreation Program in 2015.
Player and Coach Development
- Kindergarten program receives professional training and oversight at every practice and game.
- All other teams are offered the opportunity to have a Pro Trainer participate in 2-3 practice sessions during the season.
- Professional Goalkeeper Training for 3rd Grade and Older players and Striker Clinic.
- New Coach and Advanced Coaching clinics offered to all prior to the start of the season.
- Positive Coaching Alliance workshops for all volunteer coaches.