UPDATES: 10/3 - All Trainings are ON! If AQI rises to 150 or greater at any time on Saturday, trainings will be cancelled.
With wildfires burning in the Bay area, we would like to provide some information about when and how we will make decisions to cancel training.
This is the source that we use to monitor air quality:
Following are the general guidelines that we all can use to determine if training goes forward:
In some cases, we may use subjective criteria that will cause cancellations below an AQI of 150 (excessive heat, length of training, etc.). We will communicate via email as soon as we make a decision to cancel, and will do so at least 90 minutes before training begins. We will also do our best to update social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), so please follow MVSC to get updates.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience caused by a delayed decision on any given day.