2019 Dates: August 7, 9 & 10, 2019 - Course #29569
The format of this course is designed to be more efficient by requiring some advanced, on-line study of the Laws of the Game by visiting IFAB Laws of the Game prior to the classroom portion. The course includes:
- Wednesday, August 7 @ 6:00pm - 9:00pm: Classroom
- Friday, August 9 @ 6:00pm - 9:00pm: Classroom
Classroom sessions will take place at the Mill Valley Community Center, Mt. View Room
- Saturday, August 10 @ 3:00pm - 6:00pm, Bayfront Field: Hands on Field Session
New referees may be certified by taking a course sponsored by any local club. You may find courses in Tiburon, San Rafael or Novato, but please be prepared to pay the full cost for the course.
The cost associated with hosting the course is paid for by MVSC . Students will need to pay the $75 referee licensing fee upon registering for the course.
NEW: Students who complete the course and pass the final exam will have the opportunity to receive a reimbursement of the $75 fee if they officiate no few thatn 10 games during the fall season for MVSC.
For courses sponsored by MVSC, the class is free to all participants, with the expectation that all referees commit to working no fewer than 6 games during the season for our Club, for which you will be payed.
REGISTER FOR A CLASS:
To see a complete listing Grade 8 Referee Courses in northern Califnornia, go to CAL NORTH COURSE LIST.
Then follow these instructions:
- Choose the "NEW USER" option from the menu on the left.
- Select the "I have NEVER BEEN registered" and complete the process for creating a new account.
- Next, from the menu on your left, click "SIGN UP FOR A COURSE."
- From the list "COURSE TYPE," select the option, "GRADE 8 ENTRY-LEVEL REFEREE COURSE."
- Select the COURSE # listed above, and complete the payment process.
For more questions about the course, or our referee program, contact the MVSC Ref Assignor: Rafael Nunn
All are welcome to apply, but preference will be given to MVSC players & parents.