2019 Dates: TBD
MVSC will also host a new referee instruction course in late May or early June, exact dates TBD.
The format of this course is designed to be more efficient by requiring some advanced, on-line study prior to the classroom portion. The course includes:
- 4-5 hours of on-line course work - MUST BE COMPLETED PRIRO TO FIRST CLASSROOM SESSION.
- 3 classroom sessions
- 1 field session
- Final Exam
New referees may be certified by taking a course sponsored by any local club. You may find courses in Tiburon, San Rafael or Novato, but please be prepared to pay the full cost for the course.
For courses sponsored by MVSC, the class is free to all participants, with the expectation that all referees commit to working no fewer than 6 games during the season for our Club, for which you will be payed. Students are responsible for paying the $50 USSF licence fee upon completion of the course.
REGISTER FOR A CLASS:
To see a complete listing Grade 8 Referee Courses in northern Califnornia, go to CAL NORTH COURSE LIST.
Then follow these instructions:
- Choose the "NEW USER" option from the menu on the left.
- Select the "I have NEVER BEEN registered" and complete the process for creating a new account.
- Next, from the menu on your left, click "SIGN UP FOR A COURSE."
- From the list "COURSE TYPE," select the option, "GRADE 8 ENTRY-LEVEL REFEREE COURSE."
- Select the COURSE # listed above, and complete the payment process.
For more questions about the course, or our referee program, contact the MVSC Ref Assignor: Rafael Nunn
All are welcome to apply, but preference will be given to MVSC players & parents.